Subject: PPC newbie seeks promiscuous PPC hardware for articles about PPC.
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 10/14/2004 00:48:43
Hi!  I want to write some articles about PPC embedded development.

Specifically, I want to compare PPC embedded OSs.

Obviously, I want to include NetBSD, because I'd like to have at least one OS
that I'll enjoy working with.

But... I would like to use the same hardware for as many development kits
as possible.  Things like QNX, VxWorks, Linux, etcetera.

So.  Of the PPC hardware that's reasonably supported by NetBSD, what hardware
is most likely to be fairly widely supported?  From looking around, good
candidates might be the evbppc port or pmppc, but for all I know, there's
a perfectly good PREP board that I could buy and find thirty-leven OSs for.

-s