NetBSD and Performa 6360

Dear List:

This is my first post to this list.

I was doing some preliminary research into NetBSD and I came across the
netbsd.org site with its mailing lists.

This is my first venture into this world, so I'm a complete novice. But at the
same time,  I am most curious about
this world because I am trying to figure out ways of using my retired Performa
6360. Simply because it's old
doesn't mean it's useless. It can function in some capacity.

I understand that my Performa model is supported but has specific issues with
NetBSD, one of which is with its
built-in video card. To circumvent this issue, I understand that you can set up
a serial terminal connection with
another computer to install NetBSD. Instead of the serial terminal connection,
can I incorporate my Performa
6360 into my home network and install NetBSD from one of my Macs on the
network? My home network
consists of a Power Mac G4 466, a Powerbook G4 1.25, and a D-Link DI-624
Wireless router.

My particular Performa 6360 has been modified. It still has its original 1.2 GB
IDE hard drive, but it has been
maxed out in terms of RAM (128MB), its internal modem has been removed and
replaced with a COMM Slot II
Ethernet card, and its original 160 MHz processor has been upgraded with a
Sonnet G3 400 card.

Has anyone on this list tried to install NetBSD on a Performa 6360? If so, what
can you tell me about your
experience?

Any help or advice in this endeavour would be greatly appreciated.

Roland :)

Roland :)