Subject: mount root file system (memory disk within kernel), sandpoint port
To: None <>
From: netbsd <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 04/22/2004 13:13:55

during mounting of the root file system I get a trap. Any help yould be

-is it enough to copy the kernel into the ram? or do i have to unpack
the memory disk fs somehow?

I created the file system as big endian ffs and put it into the kernel
with mdsetimage. I have also enabled the following kernel options:

options     MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT    # Force root on RAM disk
options     MEMORY_DISK_ROOT_SIZE=4096    # 2 MB

pseudo-device    md        1

an extract of the console output:
md0: internal 2048 KB image area
boot device: <unknown>
root on md0a dumps on md0b
mountroot: trying ffs...
trap type 200 at e2834
Press a key to panic.
panic: trap
Stopped in pid 0 (swapper) at      0xd0360:     lwz     r0, r1, 0x14

CPU ppc 750, 400MHz, 64MB RAM, Flashdisk
Netbsd 1.6.2, based on the sandpoint build