Subject: re: Kernel hangs
To: None <vincent@labri.fr>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/22/2004 00:46:06
   Aymeric Vincent <vincent@labri.fr> wrote:

   > For several months, various people have reported kernel hangs on
   > macppc. I would like to (help) track down the issue.
   > [...]
   > Especially, I would like to know if other PowerPC ports experience such
   > "hangs" (you can only trigger the debugger from the console, and
   > everything else is stuck), and on which processors (40x, 604, G3, G4?).

   I got no report, but here is the answer to the question anyway: all ports using
   sys/arch/powerpc/oea/pmap.c were affected.

   rev. >= 1.22 should fix the problem.

argh :-(  my G4 hung after i started working it hard... :-(  same
style as far as i could tell - i may have been able to drop to
ddb, but as i was running X that didn't work... port 22 connected
but gave no SSH banner, as always...

.mrg.