Subject: Kernel hangs
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/17/2004 16:55:48
For several months, various people have reported kernel hangs on
macppc. I would like to (help) track down the issue.

Especially, I would like to know if other PowerPC ports experience such
"hangs" (you can only trigger the debugger from the console, and
everything else is stuck), and on which processors (40x, 604, G3, G4?).
Because a lot of code is shared between these ports, they may all be
affected. But if they are not, it substancially narrows the search.

Just to start: I do experience such hangs on an iBook, macppc, G3
processor.
I have started noticing them around 1.6Z but I gather they did occur
before for many people.

I filed a bug report for this under port-macppc/24754. Feel free to
provide information in the PR or on this list.

Thanks,
  Aymeric