Backporting ev64260 to 1.6.1

Greetings,

As the subject suggests, I've been tasked with backporting the ev64260 code from current to 1.6.1. I'm basically a NetBSD newbie, and would be very interested in hearing opinions from those with more experience regarding what strategy I should pursue.

I've started down the path of bringing over the evbppc files, the Marvell support, and the oea support. I've managed to clone the EV64260 kernel config file and modify things enough that I can at least nbconfig it. I have, however, run into a number of issues as I try to build the kernel which make me wonder whether I'm taking the right approach, particularly with regard to bringing over the oea directory as opposed to living with the existing mpc6xx stuff.

I'm wondering if maybe it makes more sense to start with a port that exists in 1.6.1 (perhaps sandpoint), and just try to bring over the bare minimum needed to support the Marvell device and other peripherals.

Anybody have any thoughts? Of course, if somebody were to tell me that 2.0 is going to be released in the next few months, I probably wouldn't bother...

Thanks,

Ken Roberts

Do you Yahoo!?