Subject: A couple of suggestions
To: None <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/05/2004 23:26:36
I've been working on moving Sandpoint and another Sandpoint-like
port to evbppc.  In doing so, I've found that there are a few
things I'd like to do to help support this.

I'd like to add a few more _IMPL options.  Right now, we have

I'd like to add

with their associated changes.  In this case, I'd like to make
some of these files, well, machdep in nature and add, for example:

options         PPC_PCI_MACHDEP_IMPL="<arch/evbppc/sandpoint/pci_machdep.h>"

This works, except that arch/powerpc/conf/Makefile.powerpc does

So when we trying to
it becomes
#include <arch/1/sandpoint/pci_machdep.h>

instead of what I need and expect.  I see three possibilities for
this.  One is to eliminate the -D${MACHINE} conditionally on the
specific port/board defining something like NO_MACHINE_CPPFLAG,
which seems to work OK.  Another is to make it -D${MACHINE}=${MACHINE}
which also seems to work OK and might be less likely to have any
side-effects.  The last is to just get rid of the -D${MACHINE}
altogether.  I don't know if anyone's depending on it at the moment,
but I suspect that someone is.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above?

 Allen Briggs
 Wasabi Systems, Inc.