Subject: Re: OpenBlocks266 console broken
To: None <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Yoshihiro Masuda <masuda@tcp-ip.or.jp>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 11/09/2003 20:12:38
From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:33:53 +0900 (JST)

> From: Yoshihiro Masuda <masuda@tcp-ip.or.jp>
> Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 13:57:09 +0900
>
> > Check your major/minor number of your console device. Also you need to
> > test to replace /bin/sh as /sbin/init. I had been trapped same problem
> > while porting NetBSD to OpenBLockSS 2 years ago. And it can be fixed
> > at that time.(I've forgotten what kind of fixes are made :-)
>
> My /dev/console's major/minor number is 0,0.

The console device that I mentioned is not a logical console device
itself, but the physical console device which connected to. In your
case it should be com0 or com1. I'm not sure it is fixed or not at
this time, however they used to have major/minor number trouble.(This
may not be a point to fix your problem)

--
masuda