Subject: Re: netbsd on 8260
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.org>
From: None <richard@uclinux.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 10/21/2003 00:14:55
Thanx Matt (o;

Think I'm still too much focussed on Linux *gg
where there is crt0_ram.S and the like (o;

Was thinking also about...how do I setup the build tree
so it does automatically compile with let's say:

    ./build.sh -m myboard

> The first thing is to get a working console.  Can you get the
> kernel to write out over the serial port?  Do you have an ICE
> or JTAG debugger?

For this I use a modified "jflash" to program "ppcboot" or "u-boot"

Hmm...First to make the kernel write something without even
tell him the specific memory map? (o;

> Next you get to do is write a pmap for the 8260.  Since
> the 8260 is more similar to the ibm4xx rather than the oea,
> you might want to start with that pmap.

Thought is was closer to 603?

> Then you start on machine dependent code.  what buses does
> it have?  You'll have to attach them and their devices.

Thought machine dependent stuff starts already at the beginning.
Right after the bootloader...

> What interrupt controller does it use?
>
> etc.

Well...I can print out all ppc specific code but paper
in Finland is quite expensive (o;

Have seen some old mailings about the 8260 and that some people
were working on it...are those people still alive? Anything put back
into cvs?

anyway...time to sleep for now (o;
rick