Subject: Re: netbsd on OSX
To: None <richard@uclinux.net>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@NetBSD.org>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 10/11/2003 01:48:53
I regularly compile on OSX 10.2.8 with the Dec 2002 developer tools,
although I usually target macppc or i386.

I don't know anyone who has yet tried to build with a newer apple
developers kit, so that may need something fixed to make it work.  In
addition, there is an issue with the 'join' utility that came on the
machine: (Which apple had imported originally from NetBSD)

$ ident /usr/bin/join.dist
/usr/bin/join.dist:
     $NetBSD: join.c,v 1.13 1998/08/25 20:59:38 ross Exp $

But this has been since fixed in our sources

$ ident /usr/bin/join
/usr/bin/join:
     $NetBSD: join.c,v 1.21 2002/07/24 17:03:00 jonb Exp $

Do you might try replacing the join on your system with
one compiled from our tree.  It should compile pretty easily,
or I can put a binary where you can grab it.  Unfortunately,
I don't remember what the failure was, so I can't tell for sure
if it will fix your problem.

In any case, I can verify that the tree does compile on osx.

Darrin