Re: GCC 3.3.1 PowerPC support

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 03:00  PM, Krister Walfridsson wrote:

No, we need to fix the ABI issue that *actually exists* in 3.3.1.
Krister was going to look at it a while ago, but I haven't heard from
him in a while.

Well, mrg told me that the ABI issue were just a header-file problem, and
no real ABI issue.  So I did not investigate any further...

There was some email on port-powerpc or port-macppc (check the archives) that clearly pointed to an ABI issue -- confusion about pass-by-value and pass-by-reference. Someone even had a test program for it.

        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej%wasabisystems.com@localhost>