Re: pmap_syncicache question

At 12:02 PM 9/23/2003, Ramesh BN wrote:
Hi,

pmap_syncicache() take in a "physical" address and
tries
to flush the data cache and invalidate the instruction
cache using the instructions "dcbst" and "icbi".

The description of "dcbst" says it needs a EA, and
translation and protection will be checked. How is
this supposed to work if we use a "pa" instead of
a "va"

instruction and data relocation are disabled during
the synchronization.  (previously it relied on the
fact that BATs are used as a very small TLB so all
physical memory could be accessed by swapping BAT
entries).

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt%3am-software.com@localhost
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/