Subject: Re: pmap_syncicache question
To: Ramesh BN <bnramesh@yahoo.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 09/23/2003 12:05:35
At 12:02 PM 9/23/2003, Ramesh BN wrote:
>Hi,
>
>pmap_syncicache() take in a "physical" address and
>tries
>to flush the data cache and invalidate the instruction
>cache using the instructions "dcbst" and "icbi".
>
>The description of "dcbst" says it needs a EA, and
>translation and protection will be checked. How is
>this supposed to work if we use a "pa" instead of
>a "va"

instruction and data relocation are disabled during
the synchronization.  (previously it relied on the
fact that BATs are used as a very small TLB so all
physical memory could be accessed by swapping BAT
entries).

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/