Re: Repo-copy request: evbppc port for OpenBlockS266

From: Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>
Subject: Re: Repo-copy request: evbppc port for OpenBlockS266
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:57:16 -0700

Hi, Matt.
Thank you for your review.

> sys/arch/openblocks266s is too long of a name.  It would be
> nice if all the openblocks could share a common port directory
> (similar in style to evbppc).
> sys/arch/openblocks would be ok IMO if that was to happen.  If not,
> maybe ob266s or similar.

OpenBlockS (first product):    mpc860 cpu
OpenBlockSS (second product):  ibm405gp cpu
OpenBlockSR (third product):   ibm405gp cpu
OpenBlockS266 (forth product): ibm405gpr cpu

Perhaps we can share a common port directory for 2nd-4th products.
'obs405' is suitable for these ports, is it ok?

New layout:

   evbppc/conf/OPENBLOCKS266
   evbppc/conf/files.obs405
   evbppc/conf/std.obs405
   evbppc/conf/Makefile.obs405.inc
   evbppc/obs405/dev/x1226.c
   evbppc/obs405/dev/x1226reg.h
   evbppc/obs405/obs405_start.S
   evbppc/obs405/consinit.c
   evbppc/obs405/machdep.c

   powerpc/conf/files.ibm405gp
   powerpc/ibm4xx/pci/pci_machdep.c
   powerpc/ibm4xx/pci/pchb.c
   powerpc/ibm4xx/ibm4xx_machdep.c
   powerpc/ibm4xx/ibm4xx_autoconf.c
   powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/iic.c
   powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/todclock.c
   powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/iicvar.h
   powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/todclockvar.h

consinit.c isn't moved to common directory.
This is future works. Because com frequecy is different
between walnut and obs405(OpenBlockS266).

machdep.c has initppc() function.
common parts(codes) are included in ibm4xx_machdep.c.

obs405_start.S is not moved to common directory.
This is future works too.

is it ok?

> > For the present, I think that I need to repo-copy files
> > listed in the below, because we want to keep CVS changing-history
> > of these files.
> Will they have significant changes or not?
> > Would you like to repo-copy the following files?
> No.  IMO, stating where they came from (file & revision) in the
> initial commit message is enough.

Ok. Thanks.

Regards,
--- shige