Re: supported cpus list?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:55:26AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Is there a list somewhere on the website that I'm not seeing that
> lists which powerpc cpus are currently supported in netbsd?

Not directly & comprehensively, no.

> I see a number of different ports to some powerpc-based eval boards
> and whatnot, but nothing about which CPUs are supported by the
> underlying code.

This is largely because a working system includes much more than
the CPU--so whether the CPU's supported or not doesn't mean really
anything about whether a machine is supported.  That and there are
a reasonably large number of variants of different CPUs that probably
work fine or would be approximately trivial to add.  ...and no one's
taken the time to gather a list of which do work.  You can get a
pretty good clue by looking at some of the source files in the
kernel, though.  Did you have a specific one in mind?

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost
 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/