Subject: IBM NetStation 1000 Platform
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: John Gordon <john_94501@yahoo.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 04/16/2003 17:54:06
Hello folks,

I have converted my platform port to a standalone platform against -current. If
anybody would like it, let me know and I'll send you the tar file (it is about
50KB compressed). In the tar file are all the new files, and a small patch to
integrate it with the build mechanism and disable building of the 'file'
utility which seems to be broken...

At present, it only supports a serial console. Outstanding issues:

1)  the reboot operation doesn't seem to work. Need to investigate this a
little as it seems to work up until the moment the MMU comes on.

2) The network interface seems to come up OK, but doesn't actually work. Will
double check with the linux kernel to see whether this is an IRQ oddity (it is
the only PCI device I have at the moment, so it might be a PCI problem).

Rgds,
John...

=====
Rate Corporate America at http://exec-ratings.bluedonkey.org