Re: IBM NetStation 1000 Port

Hello,

> sorry if this is too obvious but did you mdsetimage(8)
> your root fs into the kernel?

Yes I did, but thanks for the suggestion.

>From my research/debugging so far, the problem appears to be in the copyout of
the pathname and args. In start_init() [kern/init_main.c] there is a call to
copy the pathname to userland. Immediately after that call I have added a
copyin() to recover the data from userland and compare it. The recovered data
is (a) not the same, and (b) consists of a single byte repeated (suggesting
perhaps that it was writing to/reading from physical addresses that do not
exist).

This is leading me to believe that there is something wrong in the VM
initialisation code, so I am debugging based on that assumption at the moment.
Perhaps I am missing something needed by the pmap_bootstrap() call that is
resulting in the VM handling being all wrong for user land addresses.

Any clues would be welcome ;-)

Rgds,
John...

=====