Subject: Re: -RS/6000
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/31/2003 10:19:41
On 2003.03.30 23:52 Matt Thomas wrote:

> > AFAIK NetBSD still lacks PPC601 support and MCA archtitecture
> > PPC machines are unsupported for sure. I am afraid but your one=20
> > and onlychoice is AIX.
> NetBSD does have PPC601 support.=20
This is new?  I remembered: http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#6=
01

> So the missing piece is MCA support.
Maybe this can be taken from i386...=20

> Booting a prep kernel would be interesting...
Hmm. I have a RS6000/250. I think I give it a try the next days.=20
I didn't know that the old MCA machines are "PRePish". port-prep
requires residual data (see panics in prep/machdep.c:initppc()) and
possibly ISA style serial / KBD / VGA IO. I don't have a clue about the
RS6000 MCA architecture. Are there some resources on the net?=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen