Subject: Re: -RS/6000
To: Riccardo Orfei <r.orfei@mclink.it>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/29/2003 17:23:00
On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 08:11:31PM +0100, Riccardo Orfei wrote:

> I for instance would be very happy to install NetBSD on my
> IBM RS6000 43/100 system.
> Where could I find information on that?
NetBSD/PReP runs on that machine, see the apropriate port-prep
page on http://www.netbsd.org/ and the port-prep@netbsd.org
mailing list archive.

> Where is this "Installer"? Is there a site, a Howto, a FAQ to refer to?
(Link to the archive is on the NetBSD main site.) I wrote some
remarks about installation on the 43P-100 in last summer or fall.
(Sorry, I have my personal archive not by hand to be more speciffic.)

In short: Boot the install disk image via net or from floppy.
Exit the sysinstall programm.
dd the image of that floppy disk to the raw system disk you want to
install NetBSD on. You get the special PReP boot partition (type
0x41) and bootblocks that way. Make an additional primary patition
after that boot partition of type "NetBSD" that coveres the rest of
the disk. Get back to sysinstall and install NetBSD in that patition.
--

tschüß,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz