Subject: RE: Compiling NetBSD
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: YOGI <mg.yogesha@wipro.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/24/2003 09:35:28

------=_NextPartTM-000-435ea57c-ecc8-4682-b9bc-1ce8401f5340

Hello Andrew,

   Yes i have a make file at "/usr/bin" as below.
[/usr/bin]$ls -l make
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root       115472 Oct 15  1994 make

What should i do to avoid this...? Do i have to replace this with some other
make program...?

I also tried to use build.sh, but i got below errors. Please help in
resolving this problem.

arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ ./build.sh tools kernel=GENERIC
./build.sh: bad substitution
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build.sh tools kernel=GENERIC
./build.sh: bad substitution
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build.sh kernel=GENERIC
././build.sh: bad substitution
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build.sh -T tools kernel=GENERIC
././build.sh: bad substitution
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ make build
Makefile:72: *** missing separator.  Stop.
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build.sh
././build.sh: bad substitution
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build.sh -a i386
././build.sh: bad substitution
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build.sh -B bid
././build.sh: bad substitution
arkavathi[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build.sh -n
././build.sh: bad substitution

Seems like nothing working, please help in resolving the same.

Regards,
Yogi

>  I am getting below error when i tried to compile.

>[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ make -n
>Makefile:72: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ make
>Makefile:72: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ build
>bash: build: command not found
>[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ make build
>Makefile:72: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>[/mnt/netbsd/src]$ make clean
>Makefile:72: *** missing separator.  Stop.
>[/mnt/netbsd/src]$
>
>I have attached the Makefile, i didn't find any thing fishy at line number
>72 in this makefile.

that looks like you have a program called make ahead of /usr/bin/make
in your path.  perhaps you have /usr/local/bin in your path and you
installed gnu make in /usr/local/bin?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."