Re: Regarding ICE/IDE for use while porting NetBSD onto PowerPC based board

Hi Yogi,

We previously also used VisionProbe for debugging our powerpc-cards but we were very unhappy with it. After that we got an Abatron BDI2000 (http://www.abatron.ch/BDI/bdihw.html) that we are very content with. It has a simple telnet command line interface and you can also connect gdb to it. We have only used it when developing our bootloader and for programming flash memory. It could be a bit tricky to get it to work for kernel-debbuging since the kernel runs with the MMU on. There is a section in the manual on how to do it for linux-kernels so maybe it is possible to adapt that to get it to work with NetBSD.

/Erik

YOGI wrote:

Hello,

 I wanted to know what will be the ICE/IDE to use while porting NetBSD onto
one of the PowerPC based board.

 Some time back when we ported pSOS+ to one of the PowerPC based board we
used VisionProbe(debugger, IDE) & JTAG interface for debugging. Similarly
what will be the debugging tool/software & devices we have to use here...?
The Board supports JTAG interface.

 Is that debugger available in NetBSD, i,e in netbsd.org...?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Thanks,
Yogi

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.