Re: possible bug in gcc

matthew green wrote:

        Upgrade to a newer version of GCC.  This is a known problem in GCC
2.95.
Yes, thanks David. Do you know approximately when this bug was fixed? I search the gcc PRs a bit but couldn't find anything matching this problem very well (maybe I used bad search criterials). I'd like to know what the conditions are that will trigger this bug...

thanks david.

FYI: we are planning on importing GCC 3.3 when it is released as it
supports pretty much every netbsd platform (more than 2.95 does.)

Yes, thanks Matt, I think I read something about that on one of the mailing lists.

erik, you can most likely use a gcc-3_3-branch compiler successfully
on your machine...

Ok. I'll try that. Do you think it will also be possible to compile older sources, e.g. 1.5 kernel and libc, with gcc 3.3?

.mrg.

Thanks again,
Erik