Subject: Re: possible bug in gcc
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Erik Anggard <erik.anggard@packetfront.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/16/2003 03:23:49
matthew green wrote:

>   	Upgrade to a newer version of GCC.  This is a known problem in GCC
>   2.95.

Yes, thanks David. Do you know approximately when this bug was fixed? I
search the gcc PRs a bit but couldn't find anything matching this
problem very well (maybe I used bad search criterials). I'd like to know
what the conditions are that will trigger this bug...

>thanks david.
>

>FYI: we are planning on importing GCC 3.3 when it is released as it
>supports pretty much every netbsd platform (more than 2.95 does.)

Yes, thanks Matt, I think I read something about that on one of the
mailing lists.

>erik, you can most likely use a gcc-3_3-branch compiler successfully
>on your machine...

Ok. I'll try that. Do you think it will also be possible to compile
older sources, e.g. 1.5 kernel and libc, with gcc 3.3?

>.mrg.

Thanks again,
Erik