Re: evbppc build failure with LKMs

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 02:23:04AM +0000, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

 > I think the reality is that having different LKMs for the same CPU
 > type is going to be very irritating, and is *really* going to piss off
 > anyone providing binary-only LKMs.  (I know it would have pissed me
 > off when I was doing AFS maintenance for a while.)
 >
 > It makes more sense to harmonize the necessary vmparam.h bits across
 > each CPU type.

Well, for some vmparam stuff, you need to harmonize across various
platforms even within the same CPU type, e.g. VM_PHYSSEG_MAX, which
varies platform-to-platform.

For stuff that uses those, seems clear that it all has to become function
calls for the LKM case.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej%wasabisystems.com@localhost>