Re: I want to rid ugly float load/stores used only for data movement

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 06:09:13PM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:

 > MLR> Would anyone point me in the correct direction?
 >
 >      Your intent cannot be implemented safely in GCC.  If GCC knows it
 > has FPRs and FPRs hold 64-bit values (which they must), it will use them
 > for 64-bit moves.  Cannot be avoided safely.

That's kind of a bummer.  I seem to recall the idea of "no-implicit-fp"
coming up on the GCC mailing list recently, too.  The reason people want
is to eliminate unpredictable context switch times and/or speed up context
switching.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej%wasabisystems.com@localhost>