Subject: Re: LKMs.
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/19/2003 15:56:30
At 01:26 AM 2/19/2003, Matt Thomas wrote:
>One of the problems with some of the PPC ports is due to linker
>limitations, you can't do LKMs with doing "hacks" to the kernel.

I've checking the required files (awk scripts) and tweaks to
share/mk/bsd.kmod.mk so that LKMs for PPC are automagically
built with trampoline support.

# modload -v /var/tmp/cd9660.o
modload: reserving 24576 bytes of memory
Module loaded as ID 0
# mount -v /boot
exec: mount_cd9660 -o ro /dev/wd0e /boot
# df /boot
Filesystem   1K-blocks     Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0e          108      108         0   100%    /boot
# ls /boot
ofwboot.elf
#