Re: Performance Monitoring Capabilities in PowerPC (PMC counters and MMCR ctrl registers)

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 06:23:35PM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:

 > Sadly the MPC7410 has different enumerations.  So we will need to maintain
 > a neutral list of events and translate to the processor specific variant
 > (if one exists).

No, this is not necessary.  If you're using PMCs, you know what you're
doing, and thus should know the precise counter name.  This problem exists
on x86 systems, for certain.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej%wasabisystems.com@localhost>