Re: Teron CX Motherboard Support

At 1:01 PM -0800 12/16/02, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 12:13 PM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

At 4:09 PM -0800 12/15/02, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
I posted this to port-powerpc but I thought I would post it here too:

I don't see any mention of Open Firmware. Does the spec they're using require OF? If so then port-ofppc should "just work".

It uses something called PPCBoot that was designed to run Linux. Information on PPCBoot is available at:

http://ppcboot.sourceforge.net/

Interesting.  Very definitely not Open Firmware though.

It uses an IBM 750CXe 600MHz G3 processor and an Articia S North bridge. More of the details about the board are available at:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/boxer/teron_cx.shtml

I have been looking into what it would take to port NetBSD myself and I have started digging up information on the chip and so forth. Any suggestions or interest in working on the porting?

Not me. Frankly the motherboard looks like it's not much cheaper than buying an old Mac of comparable performance. I do like seeing choices though.
Henry.B.Hotz%jpl.nasa.gov@localhost, or hbhotz%oxy.edu@localhost