PPC601 support, and macs without openfirmware

Is anyone actively working on support for the PPC601 processor? I would
be happy to work on this, if I'm not duplicating someone else's effort.
I'm waiting on parts, but within a few days I should have two PowerMac
7200s to use to get this working.

I also have a PowerMac 8100, which not only has the 601, but also no
open firmware. Is there any development going on to get NetBSD to boot
on firmware-less boxes? I'd also be happy to work on this (but one thing
at a time - gotta get the cpu support first...)

matt