Subject: Re: Various Stupid Questions... ;-)
To: Phillip L. Harbison <alvitar@xavax.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 10/28/2002 20:18:13
Hi,

> I browsed around playground.sun.com and did not find anything.  Do you
> recall where you found it?  I am very interested in the OF spec as I
> may have to implement OF in a future product.

Have a look at {ftp,http}://playground.sun.com/pub/1275/coredoc/1275-1994/1275.ps.gz

> BTW, does anyone have an implementation of OF they license to hardware
> OEMs, and if so, how much does it cost?  Are there any open source OF
> solutions?

Of course there are commercial vendors that are probably happy to provide you
with an implementation of OpenFirmware, like e.g. FirmWorks (www.firmworks.com).
I don't know what they would like you to pay though ;-).

Regarding open Source OF implementations, I don't know about a complete one,
but you may want to have a look at www.tinyboot.com.  Note that I couldn't come
up with the time to look into this myself (yet?), although I'd like to know
how complete this is.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--