Re: Bull (Motorola) Escala T604e

On 2002.10.25 16:11 Chuck Silvers wrote:

> if we know any details about this ESTRELLA box then we can add
> specific code for it, sure.
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:28:59PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > When I tried to boot NetBSD/ofppc (around 1.5X)
> > on Bull ESTRELLA 320, its openfirmware could load
> > an ELF kernel via network. (attached)
> >
> > But recently ofppc port introduced "struct platform,"
> > and then we should add definitions for the ESTRELLA
> > in ofppc/ofppc/platform.c and ofppc/include/platform.h,
> > and have to implement some machine dependent code.
> > (or we should have config for generic OF machines..)
I got a "Motorola PowerStack II UTAH" yesterday. AFAIK this machine was
soled by Bull as Estrella 300. It is supported by Linux, see
linux/arch/ppc/kernel/prep_pci.c. So I hope to get it working. The
information needed to write the MD parts should be accessible at least
by reverse engineering the Linux code.

I have not much hope to get NetBSD running well on my Escala T604e, as
this machine is highly proprietary Bull (e.g. the X-bar switch that
connects CPUs, RAM, IO/PCI) and I don't think that Bull will release the
needed information. Shuld be a nice AIX playground. ;-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen