Re: DEFPA FDDI card on PPC machines

In article <200210121856.g9CIuxr13201%unixag-kl.fh-kl.de@localhost>
jkunz%unixag-kl.fh-kl.de@localhost wrote:

> I mounted a DEFPA FDDI card in my IBM RS/6000 43P-100 (PPC/prep machine)
> runing NetBSD 1.6. At the moment when the first packet is transmitted
> the machine hangs. No panic, no core dump, absolutely nothing. It just
> freezes. Someone warnd me about that already some time ago. I decided
> to give it a try in the hope that 1.6 does not suffer from this bug.
> But no... :-(
>
> This is a "Should Never Happen" bug I will try to hunt. Any sugestions
> where and how to start?

I guess this is endianness problem. Maybe we should add more
htole32() and le32toh() functions where the driver passes
TX/RX descriptors via DMA, but pdq.c uses some bit field
definitions in the descriptors, so it would be a bit complicated
to fix them. sys/dev/ic/i82557.c (and other devices listed in
macppc/conf/GENERIC) would help to see how to handle them.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost