Re: Porting to IBM Risc 6000

>>>>> Matt Thomas writes:

Matt> That's definitely a prep machine.  the 7043-260 is a CHRP machine.
Matt> Since it uses OFW, I'll start off making it a ofppc variant (probably
Matt> called CHRP or rs6000).  I'm going to start on a 32bit port first and
Matt> once that's stable long with a stable 64bit PPC toolchain, I'll move to
Matt> 64bit.  When that happens, we have lots of fun things to decide...

        64-bit PowerPC systems cannot boot a pure 32-bit PowerPC kernel.
Most of the kernel can remain the same and run in 32-bit mode, but the
memory management and MSR registers need to be manipulated as 64-bit
quantities.

David