Re: about powerpc version of in{,4}_cksum

At 11:01 AM 7/30/2002, Martin J. Laubach wrote:
|  !                            "lwzu 7,4(%2);"
|  !                            "lwzu 8,4(%2);"
|  !                            "lwzu 9,4(%2);"
|  !                            "lwzu 10,4(%2);"

  BTW, does it pay to unroll the loop? While playing with bzero
I noticed that an unrolled version was somewhat slower than the
straight forward loop on my G4, probably due to cache intricacies.
How is that for in_cksum?

Well, for the G4 case I plan on getting a AltiVec implemention
of in_cksum working shortly.

--
Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt%3am-software.com@localhost