Subject: What machine is that ?
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Sergey Babkin <sergey@caldera.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/12/2002 18:19:09
Hi!

My employer has been junking some old machines, so I've picked up
some PowerPC box. I wonder if anyone could tell me what kind of
NetBSD/PPC port would run on it (if any).

The box is a desktop, with "IBM" and "PowerPC" written on the front side.
The label on the bottom says:

Machine type: 7248
Model       : 132
Mfg. date   : 0296

The design is relatively recent, with no MCA slots whatsoever, 2 shared
ISA/PCI slots and 2 ISA slots. On the back it got a PC-style video
connector, PS/2 keyboard and mouse and some sound connectors.

Thanks!

BTW, if anyone wants to pick up some old RS/6000 box for free, let me
know (and better do it quickly before it got junked). That box is a
large and heavy one, older and MCA-based. I believe it still has a hard
disk with some AIX in it. The location is North-Mid- New Jersey.

-SB
HP340/NetBSD 1.4
SparcStation1/NetBSD 1.5.2
PowerPC???/???