Re: Creation of mpc6xx_machdep.c

At 08:43 PM 6/27/2002, Matt Thomas wrote:

The first step is done.  I moved the bat initialization, trap vector
setup, interrupt installer, the dump routine, the vm startup code and
a few others to arch/powerpc/mpc6xx/mpc6xx_machdep.c

I've incorporated AltiVec support for those processors that support it
into my changes.  It's been validated as working on my 7450 macppc box.

Along way, I moved the syscall code (and child_return) out of trap.c
into syscall.c which is common across both mpc6xx and ibm4xx.

I've placed the rest of the diffs to the rest of the ppc ports at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/ppc.diffs

I've updated this diffs with the new bat calling args and the working
AltiVec support.

I'm planning on changing the bat initialization calling args.

I've placed the following kernels (GENERIC or appropriate) for people
to test with:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.bebox.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.macppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.mvmeppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.ofppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.pmppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.prep.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.sandpoint.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.walnut.gz

Please try the appropriate kernel(s) on your hardware and let me how
it goes.  Thanks.  I planning on committing my changes on July 5th.

--
Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt%3am-software.com@localhost