Subject: Re: Creation of mpc6xx_machdep.c
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/02/2002 13:18:53
At 08:43 PM 6/27/2002, Matt Thomas wrote:

>The first step is done.  I moved the bat initialization, trap vector
>setup, interrupt installer, the dump routine, the vm startup code and
>a few others to arch/powerpc/mpc6xx/mpc6xx_machdep.c

I've incorporated AltiVec support for those processors that support it
into my changes.  It's been validated as working on my 7450 macppc box.

>Along way, I moved the syscall code (and child_return) out of trap.c
>into syscall.c which is common across both mpc6xx and ibm4xx.

>I've placed the rest of the diffs to the rest of the ppc ports at
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/ppc.diffs

I've updated this diffs with the new bat calling args and the working
AltiVec support.

>I'm planning on changing the bat initialization calling args.

I've placed the following kernels (GENERIC or appropriate) for people
to test with:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.bebox.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.macppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.mvmeppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.ofppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.pmppc.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.prep.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.sandpoint.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/matt/netbsd.walnut.gz

Please try the appropriate kernel(s) on your hardware and let me how
it goes.  Thanks.  I planning on committing my changes on July 5th.