Subject: Re: Creation of mpc6xx_machdep.c
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 06/26/2002 13:19:00
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:33:53AM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> Today, I'm planning on create arch/powerpc/mpc6xx/mpc6xx_machdep.c and
> incorporating much of the redundant code from mpc6xx-based port's
> machdep.c.

Excellent!  I think this is an excellent step forward.  PowerPC is much
better in this regard than m68k, but there is still too much redundant
code.

> My primary reason for doing this is to prepare for the addition of
> Altivec support and I'd like to only change each port once.

Great!  I look forward to seeing the Altivec support integrated!

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...