Subject: Re: Support for relocation type 10 in ld.elf_so
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 06/16/2002 13:50:37
On Sat 15 Jun 2002 at 20:38:12 -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> This tells me that the .so was compiled -fpic or -fPIC.
> I disagree.  If you are shared libraries and compiling PIC, bad things
> will happen.

Isn't that strange? I was under the impression that (at least then on
all other archs) -fpic was the recommended way of building shared
libraries. If that is so, then maybe -fpic on ppc should be a no-op? It
would be nice if the build options would be the same on all NetBSD
architectures.

-Olaf, who's sadly using his BeBox only to play audio cds...
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.