Subject: Re: Porting to IBM Risc 6000
To: Greg Lehey , Greg 'groggy' Lehey <>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 04/24/2002 17:13:05
On April 24, 2002 03:16 am, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Friday, 19 April 2002 at 11:22:12 -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > Is there any chance of getting some activity going here?  I have a few
> > machines that I need to make work and AIX is not doing it for us.  I see
> > that Greg Lehey <> from IBM has already offered help and
> > I can offer a test machine, some help porting and testing and perhaps
> > even some cold hard cash if that can help.
> *sigh*  There doesn't seem to be much activity, does there?
> My offer stands.  If anybody needs information, I'll do what I can to
> get it.  I also have a machine here, but I can't guarantee that I can
> make it available to non-IBMers.

I have three systems, 2 in a cluster and one smaller system.  The clustered
ones are pSeries 660-6H1 with 4-Way RS64 IV 600 Mhz processors and the other
unit is a 44P Model 270 with 2 375 Mhz Power 3 II processors.  Will these
actually be two porting efforts or are they close enough to run the same

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>