Subject: Re: Sandpoint
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jim Thompson <jim@musenki.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/21/2002 16:57:57
Allen Briggs writes:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:46:34PM -0600, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> There have been a few for the linux port, but they're mostly handable,
> Hmmm...  OK.  I'd be interested to see.

no problem.

They're mostly about the location of EUMBBAR, and the fact that I'm
using the on-die DUART rather than the off-chip ones that everyone
else (in the world, by the look of it) uses, even on 8245/8241
designs.

(Wasn't I supposed to send you a cable for the Sandpoint's PMC serial
 port once?)

> > Are you the right guy for patches, or do I have to be a Wasabi
> > customer?
>
> No need for you to be a Wasabi customer.  Of course, we would be
> happy if you did have some work for us, but I'm happy to take patches
> from anyone.  ;-)

> > BSS mode drivers for an 802.11b card would be good.
>
> Hmmm...  I think someone was working on such things on an x86 system,

the guys at embsd.org are supposedly working on a BSS-mode driver for
Lucent cards.  (OK, embsd.org "openbsd", but really...)

> but I'm not sure if that got anywhere.  I'd really like to see that,
> too, but from what I understand, most (all?) vendors keep the BSS stuff
> to themselves.

Well, there is the hostap driver (for Intersil-based designs), but its
GPL, and I half-expect a fight if I do the work to get it running in
netbsd.  http://people.ssh.com/jkm/Prism2/

Thoughts?

Jim

--
"Life begins when you can spend your spare time programming
instead of watching television."  -- Cal Keegan