Subject: Re: Sandpoint
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jim Thompson <jim@musenki.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/21/2002 16:46:34
Allen Briggs writes:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:30:27PM -0600, Jim Thompson wrote:
> > The Sandpoint port seems to have gone a little cold.  (Its behind
> > rev, by the looks of it.)  Is it being maintained?
>
> Yes, but not aggressively.  I don't expect any problems on the
> 8245/8241 off-hand.

There have been a few for the linux port, but they're mostly handable,

Are you the right guy for patches, or do I have to be a Wasabi
customer?  (You wouldn't believe the attitude I get from some of the
MonteVista guys.  You'ld think they had a lock on kernel hackers.)

> Is there any particular feature you're interested in?

Um, avoiding the plague^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hlinux?  :-)

BSS mode drivers for an 802.11b card would be good.

>> ppcboot works on the Sandpoint now
> Cool!  That's good to know.

And it even has hooks for booting (and builds on) NetBSD.

Jim

--
"Life begins when you can spend your spare time programming
instead of watching television."  -- Cal Keegan