Subject: how to run powerpc netbsd in psim?
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin DvH <powerpc_netbsd@olifantasia.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/13/2002 18:49:59
Hi all,
I am trying for a while now to boot a ppc netbsd kernel under the psim
simulator but I can't get it to work.
Can anybody tell me what I need (versions and configuration file) and
where to find it.
Most information I found references dead ftp sites or is in japanese. I
must say babelfish.altavista.com makes very funny reading from japanese
sites but it is not very helpfull.

Especially I don't know what hardware  tree and psim options to use.

Also in combination with which (cross-compiled) netbsd kernel (which
arch/configuration), and how to compile and invoke ofwboot, I tried both
ofwboot from the ofppc port and from the macppc port.
The only version I have that doesn't crash rightaway complaines about no
dma in the ide controller and then dies.

I know several people have had netbsd ofppc running under psim in the
past so if anybody has a hint, please tell me.

Thanks in advance,
Martin