Subject: Slow death?
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/09/2002 11:22:10
This is one of those lame ``my machine crashes'', e-mails :-(

Ignoring:

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=14496
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15547

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15299 (fixed)

I'm still having fun keeping my G4 Ti up.

The load isn't that typical, it constantly builds and tests FSF
toolchains (compiler, linker, assembler, debugger) and dejagnu/expect.
Oh, and mozilla ...

I think the symptoms suggest some resource running out.  Typically I'm
not around when it hangs (did I say constantly? :-).  But on the very
few occasions when I have it appears to slowly (well over 30 seconds)
die - one window hangs, next window hangs, mouse becomes sluggish ...

Oh, and adding to the fun, this might occure after 4-8 (?) hrs of uptime
  (the machine gets rebooted daily so only happens occasionally).

Andrew