Re: http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_7200.html

At 8:29 PM +0100 2/1/02, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
 > Looks like the CPU upgrade for an existing Mac motherboard.  We
 already support it I'll bet.

 >does it have some ROM/FLASH there?

 The 7200 has an Open Firmware ROM, version 1.0.5.  Some tiny amount
 of nvram, but no EEPROM.

you mean ROM as mask ROM chip on it?

Yes.

or EPROM/FLASH?

No.

 > >IMHO it could be an excellent target for porting NetBSD that case.
 > >passive PCI motherboards are quite cheap (at least in poland, <30$), with
 >IDE controller and VGA it will make complete G3/G4 system.

 I already has two SCSI controllers and an "Apple Plan B" video
 subsystem.  It's capable of driving VGA, but we only support the OF
 default of 640 X 480 at 67Hz.

i'm not sure i understand you. so WILL just this PCI board with VGA and/or
IDE/SCSI/NET inserted on passive plane boot?

Not sure what you mean by inserted. If you just read the specifications for the PowerMac 7200 from Apple, that's what is on the motherboard. If you start with a bare board then you need a case, power supply, memory, SCSI disk, Apple-compatable monitor, keyboard, mouse. . .

for me no VGA is needed...

Henry.B.Hotz%jpl.nasa.gov@localhost, or hbhotz%oxy.edu@localhost