Subject: Re:
To: , <>
From: Henry B. Hotz <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/01/2002 11:20:46
At 9:45 PM +0100 1/30/02, <> wrote:
>what do You think about this?

Looks like the CPU upgrade for an existing Mac motherboard.  We
already support it I'll bet.

>does it have some ROM/FLASH there?

The 7200 has an Open Firmware ROM, version 1.0.5.  Some tiny amount
of nvram, but no EEPROM.

>IMHO it could be an excellent target for porting NetBSD that case.
>passive PCI motherboards are quite cheap (at least in poland, <30$), with
>IDE controller and VGA it will make complete G3/G4 system.

I already has two SCSI controllers and an "Apple Plan B" video
subsystem.  It's capable of driving VGA, but we only support the OF
default of 640 X 480 at 67Hz.
not those of Caltech, JPL, NASA, or the US Government., or