Subject: Re: PowerPC LKM's [Was: CVS commit: basesrc/distrib/sets/lists/base]
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 12/12/2001 01:08:10
Simon Burge wrote:
> MIPS only...  For mips I used the -mlong-calls gcc option to get around
> the limited branch offset problem - no such option exists at the moment
> for powerpc (AFAIK).

Ah, OK. Hopefully someone would address this, I've added the item
to sys/lkm/TODO. The LKMs are built for PowerPC, so I assumed
they work. I'd leave the release sets as they are, even
though the LKMs don't work on powerpc. Do you agree?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-