Re: bzero

|       PowerPC cache line size is not always 32 bytes.

  I see. On macppc I can get the value by the machdep.cachelinesize
sysctl. Is that available for the other ppc ports too?

  Is the cache line size constant for one given port? Ie. would
it make sense to add a constant in a machdep header?

|       PowerPC Linux is looking at passing the value in an aux entry on
| program startup.  The problem is what to do with the information because
| looking up the value may eat the entire performance advantage.

  I think it should be pretty easy to adapt for different cache
line sizes, initializing some internal state on first use. It
probably won't hurt the performance all that much.

        mjl