NetBSD on IBM NetStation 1000

There have been a couple of posts within the last month concerning NetBSD on
the IBM NetworkStation model 1000.  I have one of the devices (603EV@200Mhz,
64MB RAM).  While reading the NC-HOWTO, there was a link to an IBM website
that provided the IBM Thin Client Manager (there was no charge for this
product, although I did have to register to download)  Within this software
is a kernel image for the IBM thin client model 1000 (8362-A52).  I went
ahead and downloaded the software, installed it on a WINNT server, and was
able to boot my thin client from the NT Server.  The operating system that is
loaded seems to be a build of NetBSD 1.4 specifically for this network
computer.  'uname -a' returns the following:

NetBSD  1.4-NCOS NetBSD 1.4-NCOS  (CLIENT.NS1K) #0: Tue Dec 19 14:16:52 MST
2000
buildmaster@buildns1k:/buildmaster/modules/NCOS/build-history/build-3.0.beta-200012191201/NCOS/os-src/sys/arch/ns1k/compile/CLIENT.NS1K

ns1k

It also seems that the Linux OS for this device is a stripped-down version:
only the functions and applications necessary to connect to a server and do
work are provided.  It is defintely not a full linux install.

/Mark