Subject: New pmap module for Motorola MPC6xx CPUs committed.
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 06/06/2001 11:24:17
Over the past week or so at my day job @ Allegro Networks,
I have been working on a new pmap module for the PowerPC 60x,
7xx (G3), 74xx (G4) CPUs.  Today I committed it to -current.

The new pmap is simplier and faster than the previous pmap
module it replaced.  (kernel time on a GENERIC macppc kernel
build dropped by 40%!).

Along with these changes where organization changes.  In the
near future, support for PowerPCs with different MMUs will be
added to NetBSD.  In preparation for this, the new pmap and its
files were placed in two new directories: sys/arch/powerpc/mpc6xx
and sys/arch/powerpc/include/mpc6xx.  The MPC6xx dependent header
files in powerpc/include (bat.h, hid.h, hid_601.h, pte.h) have
been moved to powerpc/include/mpc6xx along with the mpc6xx specific
pmap.h

A new config option has been defined (PPC_MPC6XX) and has been
added to std.<port> for the bebox & macppc ports.  I'll be updating
the prep port later today.